Monday, July 27, 2009

Pink Camo Socks

Finished these up pretty quick, just a few evening per sock once I got the pattern worked out. I maybe used up half the yarn I used so I might knit up a second pair either longer on the leg or with a little pattern to them... not sure yet. I didn't really use an existing pattern because I couldn't find a toe-up one that was sized for kids, so I glanced at the pattern I used to make my own socks (refer to March post) and went from there. These fit an 8 year old girl, size 12 shoes.

Using size 3 dpns, start with 2 needles, plus your working needle:
Magic 8 CO 20 (10 per needle)
Knit 1 row
Repeat the following two rows until you have 40 stitches (20 per needle)
1)kfb, k until 1 st, kfb
Move stitches around so you now have stitches on 3 needles and work with the 4th
Continue knitting around until you have completed 45 rows or approximately 5 inches from cast-on
You will now begin to short row the heel using just 20 stitches
1)Turn the work, p to the last st, *slip as if to p, move yarn to the back, move st back to the L needle, move yarn back to the front
2)Turn the work, k to the last st, *slip as if to p, move yarn to the front, move st back to the L needle, move yarn back to the back
*=wrapping the stitch
Repeat these two rows until you have 6 st unworked, then begin long rowing the heel
1)Turn the work, p to 1st wrapped st, p the st and the wrap, wrap* the next stitch
2)Turn the work, k to 1st wrapped st, k the st and the wrap, wrap* the next stitch
Continue these two rows until all the wrapped stitches are worked, your heel is finished and you will now join back up with the other stitches
k for one row
k1, p1 for 14 rows, BO on row 15
Posted by Picasa

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Stay-put Baby Blanket-Finished

Another baby project is finished! I am really happy with this one :-)

I left off with 26 rows on my last post about this... I ended up stopping the cable pattern at 106 rows, which was about 14 1/2 inches long. I refered back to the Nocte for decreasing. I had to make some alterations due to the number I'd cast on along with other little things that I wanted to look differently.
Rows 107-111 K1, P1 around.
R112 K7, K2tog, and repeat
R113 K2tog, K38, and repeat
R114 K6, K2tog, ending with K6
R115 Knit
R116 K5, K2tog, ending with K6
R117 Knit
R118 K4, K2tog
R119 Knit
R120 K3, K2tog
R121 Knit
R122 K2, K2tog
R123 Knit
R124 K1, K2tog
I decided I wanted more of a seam look so I ended here and did a 3 needle bind out after turning the piece inside out. One could continue with R125 Knit and R126 K2tog all around and then weave a long tail through the remaining stitches, pull tight, knot and weave the end in.
I can't wait to find out how well it really fits a baby! Got a couple more months for that... but in a few weeks, I'll find out if my knitted items will be well received by the mom-to-be :-)
Posted by Picasa