Monday, July 27, 2009

Pink Camo Socks


Finished these up pretty quick, just a few evening per sock once I got the pattern worked out. I maybe used up half the yarn I used so I might knit up a second pair either longer on the leg or with a little pattern to them... not sure yet. I didn't really use an existing pattern because I couldn't find a toe-up one that was sized for kids, so I glanced at the pattern I used to make my own socks (refer to March post) and went from there. These fit an 8 year old girl, size 12 shoes.

Using size 3 dpns, start with 2 needles, plus your working needle:
Magic 8 CO 20 (10 per needle)
Knit 1 row
Repeat the following two rows until you have 40 stitches (20 per needle)
1)kfb, k until 1 st, kfb
2)knit
Move stitches around so you now have stitches on 3 needles and work with the 4th
Continue knitting around until you have completed 45 rows or approximately 5 inches from cast-on
You will now begin to short row the heel using just 20 stitches
1)Turn the work, p to the last st, *slip as if to p, move yarn to the back, move st back to the L needle, move yarn back to the front
2)Turn the work, k to the last st, *slip as if to p, move yarn to the front, move st back to the L needle, move yarn back to the back
*=wrapping the stitch
Repeat these two rows until you have 6 st unworked, then begin long rowing the heel
1)Turn the work, p to 1st wrapped st, p the st and the wrap, wrap* the next stitch
2)Turn the work, k to 1st wrapped st, k the st and the wrap, wrap* the next stitch
Continue these two rows until all the wrapped stitches are worked, your heel is finished and you will now join back up with the other stitches
k for one row
k1, p1 for 14 rows, BO on row 15
Posted by Picasa

No comments: