Monday, December 8, 2008

Shopping


I think Seattle and surrounding areas is the perfect place for knitting. There are soooo many shops! I started my experience at Bad Woman Yarn where I found the yarn for the cabled purse. I also ended up back there to get another skein as it ended up taking three, not two, and I had a time trying to find it elsewhere... like Great Yarns. They didn't have the exact kind I needed but it was nice to browse. The nicest so far has to be A New Yarn they have great deals and a purpose! We also tried Hilltop Yarn but weren't too impressed.

So, the yarn above was purchased at A New Yarn and does include the yarn for my aunt's scarf in the top right corner. It is made in Italy... pretty cool. All that pink yarn, I'm not sure what I'll do with, but I'm sure Yaya will be the recipient of at least some of it. The blues will be for the boys, the seaform and white, I'm not sure yet. I'd like to use the burgendy shade to try something in the round or with double points, which I also purchased at this store for a great deal as they were donated, like all the yarn.

Well, off to knit some more...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: